Thursday, July 2, 2009

would ya...

thanks to my husbands extreme misfortune, i am inspired to present you with this very uncomfortable would you rather.

so....


would you rather get stung by a bee on your uvula






or


get a mild case of poison oak in your armpits?










in case you were wondering, yes, b got stung by a bee on his uvula. not to be confused with another word that can be formed from uvula. he was on his usual lunch time run when all of the sudden in flew a bee and right down his throat. on his way down, he was gracious enough to deposit his stinger in b's uvula. fortunately b is not allergic to bees. so after some moderate swelling, 6 vodka tonics, tweezers and a mirror he was good as gold. stinger gone, bee dead...
as for the poison oak. i am very allergic and have been fortunate enough to have it all over my body and face several times in my life. one of which included an in the armpit experience. it was summer. it was ugly, to say the least.
so where you at... assuming you are not allergic to bees and do contract poison oak, what can you handle?

8 comments:

zaiahbird said...

why in the world are you up at 6am? That is unheard of. ANyways i think i'd rather have the poison oak in my pits 'cause i hate the idea of a bug in my mouth.

MEGAN said...

yea, oak in the armpit. they're ugly anyways, i need my mouth for eating.

Tee said...

I AM allergic to bees, so I would probably die in B's case.
I'll take the poison ivy.

PS. yes, the first time I read it I read vulva and thought about what B's misfortune might be!

The Schmidts said...

give me the bee sting any day--I hate poison oak and I get it so easily. I think I've maxed out on the number of steroid shots they give any one person for poison oak in their life. -Rhiannon

MEGAN said...

I also thought, oh, typo, she meant vulva...she's a bit racy today!

Sarah said...

Bee sting. Better story. Who wants to hear about armpits? Insects are far more dramatic.

si said...

First, you can't actually spell vulva from uvula, unless you are an ancient Roman and even then I'm not sure it works. But I definitely wouldn't want to be stung there or have poison oak there. I am pretty sure that after rolling around in poison oak while climbing up Bishops that I am immune to it. Bee stings make me cry like a baby, so I'm going to choose poison oak in the arm pit, with no concept to what it might feel like.

What are the frickin' odds of a bee landing a stinger on an uvula? That's a great story for whenever B lands a spot on Jeopardy. Then Alex can one-up him about the time he got stung on his sphincter or something.

Holls said...

you guys crackin me up with the uvula biz... first of all if i was gonna use uvula in a blog, i would say something like would you rather get stung by bee on your uvulva just to confuse you, and i def wouldn't have chosen such a clarifying diagram! in any event i love a good female genetalia look alike word.
si- you are hilarious. love the jeoporady bit. seriously witty.