Tuesday, June 17, 2008




so i'm sitting in my office trying to get some work done (yeah, real work). if anyone's in the market for a 2.4 million dollar home... i'm your girl. yet, i digress. anyhow, my mom is over helping with the kids. suddenly lily comes bursting in in her disney princess nightgown pleading, "momma, can i play with cornstarch and water?" i look at her and say, "no babe, not right now. it's almost naptime." wounded, she walks back into her room and i hear her say to my mom, "my mom said no." mimi says, "how bout we do it after your nap?" lily says, "no, i want to do it now." my mom, "not right now lil, after your nap." lily looks up at her with all the authority in the world and says, "mimi, sometimes we have to do things we don't want to do.."
translation: get up off your arse and get me some cornstarch.
gotta love three.

2 comments:

zaiahbird said...

she is so stinkin' cute. and so smart. today was popsicle day at gymnastics. booya.

Anonymous said...

one of the classic mom sayings came back to get you. so funny. i love lily. yeah, we're missing the rodger fam- hope to see you guys this summer somehow, somewhere.